The American Graduate School of Business and Economics at AGS in Paris offers a one-year Executive Master of Science in Finance (EMSF) degree. This program is taught in Paris, France, and is fully accredited in the United States as an affiliated program of the Baruch College at the City University of New York (CUNY).
The EMSF program is bases on the same curriculum, teaching methods, academic standards and career-oriented approach the one delivered as the one delivered on the CUNT campus in New York. The degree obtained by students studying in this program in Paris is exactly the same as the one obtained by students studying at CUNY in New York.
The EMSF at AGSBE leads to careers in the areas of corporate finance, investment banking, management, quantitative research, trading, arbitrage, operational risk and derivatives, within investment and commercial banks, corporate treasuries, software firms, insurance companies, and other financial institutions.
The EMSF is a one-year intensive program. It features a comprehensive curriculum covering modern finance theory, applications and analytical skills, providing professionals with the tools needed to cope effectively with today’s changing markets. Students in EMSF program learn world financial an investment decision-marking under a variety of real market conditions. The teaching methods blend cutting edge theories with practical business applications.
Learning is enhanced by small class sizes and an emphasis on group work, enabling students to work closely with faculty and peers rich in professional experience. Students follow the program as a cohort, further intensifying the learning experience and building a network of future business relationship.
Preparation for Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification exam is another special feature of the EMSF program.
The EMSF is accredited in the United States by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, as an affiliated program of the Zicklin School of Business at the Baruch College, CUNE (City University of New York).
The one-year EMSF includes ten courses conducted as intensive modules taught on evenings and weekends in order to accommodate the constraints of working professionals. Each course consists of over 36 hours of face-to-face lectures aver a ten-day period. One course is conducted every month.
The EMSF program is open to both professionals wishing to advance their career and to outstanding recent graduates. Applicants for admission to the EMSF should submit:
- The completed AGSBE application form
- An official copy of transcripts of all previous university-level studies
- Two letters of recommendation from professors who have instructed the candidate in a degree program
- International applicants: an official copy of degree certificates, with at least one copy sent directly to AGSBE from the academic institution(s)
- Non-native speakers of English who did not graduate from an English language degree program in an English-speaking country must submit a TOEFL score
- Current resume
- GMAT Score Reports (optional)
- Photocopies of identification card or passport. No-EU citizens currently residing in the EU must submit a photocopy of their visa or residency permit
- An application fee of €100, non-refundable. This can be paid online (www.ags.edu)